Immigration and Customs Crimes Defense Lawyers
The lawyers at Murphy & Price, LLP, have proven themselves effective again and again against charges of immigration and customs crimes.
Every immigrant knows that a criminal conviction can lead to immediate deportation, even if he or she has permanent resident status, and even if the immigrant has been here for years and has relatives who are U.S. citizens. Even if the individual is successful in preventing deportation, he or she may face years of stressful proceedings.
Three categories of crimes place an immigrant at risk of removal, or bar that person from permanent legal resident status:
- Aggravated felonies, which may include offenses actually defined as misdemeanors. This category includes criminal acts that result in a sentence of a year or more of imprisonment even if the sentence is suspended.
- Crimes of moral turpitude: These can include crimes such as theft, inflicting harm on another, and acts of deception, dishonesty, malice or lewdness.
- Other offenses such as drug violations, domestic battery, violations of an order of protection, and firearms offenses.
Our lawyers have dealt successfully with all these types of charges. We are on your side, and we strive in every way to earn your trust and confidence.
Customs crimes often come down to acts of smuggling of money, goods, drugs, intellectual property and other valuables into the United States from abroad.
Murphy & Price, LLP, handles smuggling cases as well as other import/export crimes:
- Import/export of stolen or pirated goods
- Failure to declare or false declarations
- Misclassifying goods
- Forging or destroying documents
- Circumventing duties and customs
- False claims for duty reimbursements
- Dangerous toys
We also handle criminal cases involving the harboring or exploitation of aliens.
The Federal Criminal Practice at Murphy & Price, LLP, is nationwide in scope, with particular focus on federal criminal cases in Washington D.C., Maryland, Virginia, Colorado, New Mexico, California and Florida.
Effective Immigration And Customs Enforcement Lawyers
Our main offices are located in Maryland and Washington D.C., but we accept immigration and customs cases across the country. We have particular experience in the areas including California, Virginia, Colorado and New Mexico.
To discuss your case at length, we invite you to call our immigration and customs crimes defense attorneys at 410-280-2500 or write to us using this online form.
Experience in Getting Results
- Available 24/7
- Free Case Consultations
- Multiple Practice Locations
- Over 30 Years of Experience
- Services in French and Spanish
- We Represent Clients Across the US